Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: New Members

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,865

    Default New Members

    I'd like to start recruiting some more members for our transition to an SC2 team.

    I think the addition of a few new personalites would be awesome. Tournaments would be more fun, there would be more people to practice with, and just more people in general to chill with. I'd also like to start having clan wars vs other SC2 teams.

    The only thing is that SC2 makes it difficult to meet new people with the lack of chat channels. GG/Creck have been inviting friends to play with us but I'm not sure if they'd actually like to join the team, participate in events, and become active on the forums.

    I'd like to start putting on some more SHOWMATCHES!!! but I think we've already exhausted most possible matchups which is another reason why some new faces would be great.

    If you know some people who are generally "cool" extend an invite to join up with us. Of course there can be only one raging emo in the clan (Aukai) and one transexual pedophile (Faust) so anyone with simular personalities is an automatic rejection.

    What do you guys think?
    "First 'me/you' are not on the same level. That is a fact. All the games that I've won against you have been rapes. Do I need to make you remember that recent 3-0 and that all those games were total rapings?"
    SCC-Toss, raper of insurgents.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    717

    Default

    i guess we need a new roster to keep up with new members, a means of contact (b.net/vent/forum?), an initiative/mission (why do we want/need new faces?), and some new peeps who like to hear what creck did to their mom last night

    Starcraft Permanent Resident. still...no fat chicks

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,609

    Default

    One of my best friends on b.net is Superkiller. We used to 2v2 on bw, and 2v2 on war3 where we went double orc double tinker hero rush.

    Faust should remember him. He won the tourney 3-2 last week. He's a really cool guy.

    And also, Micronesia and Aphel are both on a lot more now. How bout getting them back?
    Also known as SCC-Deng


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Oh, and criteria!!! Because im leaving if 50 noobs join

    Starcraft Permanent Resident. still...no fat chicks

  5. #5
    LeGiOnS Guest

    Default

    by the way guys i will be making a new SCC vid for the sake of starcraft 2, caliban can you plase get an ok from duke to add a link to our soon to be new YouTube Video page

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCC-GG View Post
    Oh, and criteria!!! Because im leaving if 50 noobs join
    What are you talking about SCC has always been a noob clan.

    I was considering actually setting up a CW team for SCC but when I was searching for active teams all I could find was high diamond ones. Even the unpopular ones like iDemise and inflow are like purely 400+ diamond players. And then comes the endless list of the good teams, such as MYM, Liquid~, Mouz, Duckload (Sort of, they only hired White-Ra atm I believe), and a handful others. We are doomed to a meager and insignificant existence. That is why everyone left us. Arcology, Complexity, Superiorwolf (he wasn't good though), KnowN, and Caller, who achieved A- ICCup two seasons ago. My hero.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    54

    Default

    We need to decide what we want...

    A clan represented by very good players, who end up in tounys etc.., we will work on getting us to lans etc... going forward with the future, while the rest of us do all the dirty work.

    Or a fun clan full of multi tiered players that hang out and have fun and hang out.

    I'm down for whatever, I suck at all video games in general, so I don't mind working on getting us sponsors if we get some really good players, but if we are then people like cali just and faust (and the other good players like superkiller hopefully) only play each other and work on getting better. We can seriously do this thing, but you guys gotta get better.

    I think for scc, the latter is the better idea, if we were all a little younger, then we could seriously make run at it, but if we don't get some very good A+ players on the team, carrying up our A- players, then we are wasting our time trying to have clan wars against people we are going to get raped by.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,609

    Default

    I think SCC has always been about the latter. That's why you have so many members staying for so long and for so many years cuz they just enjoy hanging out with each other. If we were solely based on competitive gaming the clan would probably die a lot.
    Also known as SCC-Deng


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCC-GG View Post
    i guess we need a new roster to keep up with new members, a means of contact (b.net/vent/forum?), an initiative/mission (why do we want/need new faces?), and some new peeps who like to hear what creck did to their mom last night
    A roster can be done but Duke needs to find a way to make it easier for mods to update the Members section on the homepage. I'll touch base with him the next time I'm on aim.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeGiOnS View Post
    by the way guys i will be making a new SCC vid for the sake of starcraft 2, caliban can you plase get an ok from duke to add a link to our soon to be new YouTube Video page
    shouldn't be a problem

    Quote Originally Posted by SCC-Faust View Post
    What are you talking about SCC has always been a noob clan.

    I was considering actually setting up a CW team for SCC but when I was searching for active teams all I could find was high diamond ones. Even the unpopular ones like iDemise and inflow are like purely 400+ diamond players. And then comes the endless list of the good teams, such as MYM, Liquid~, Mouz, Duckload (Sort of, they only hired White-Ra atm I believe), and a handful others. We are doomed to a meager and insignificant existence. That is why everyone left us. Arcology, Complexity, Superiorwolf (he wasn't good though), KnowN, and Caller, who achieved A- ICCup two seasons ago. My hero.
    Most of the people you mentioned left the clan due to general inactivity. Suppy got banned and KnowN rage quit a la Aukai. I don't see SCC as being in the upper echelon of the SC2 competitive circuit but we can certainly compete at the chobo level right now.

    As far as searching for a team to compete agianst, one blog thread on TL will probably generate a dozen similarly skilled teams with whom we could play.

    Did caller really get to A-?
    "First 'me/you' are not on the same level. That is a fact. All the games that I've won against you have been rapes. Do I need to make you remember that recent 3-0 and that all those games were total rapings?"
    SCC-Toss, raper of insurgents.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,132

    Default

    No caller is doomed to being a noob.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •